January 04, 2022
Raw Recipe For Dogs
(Approx. 55 lbs of Food)Ingredients
- 20 lbs Ground Chicken & Beef Blend or Ground Turkey & Beef Blend
- 10 lbs Ground Chicken Blend, Ground Turkey Blend, Rabbit, Fish, Pork, Pheasant or other protein
- 4 lbs Ground Beef Trachea & Gullet
- 4 lbs Ground Beef Organ Mix
- 4 lbs Ground Green Beef/Lamb/Goat Tripe
- 1 doz. Free Range or Organic Eggs with Shells (crush shells with hands or run through your food processor)
- 10 lbs Northwest Naturals Fruit & Veggie Nuggets (If grinding your own, they MUST be finely ground/juiced to a pulp in order for your dog to utilize them – they cannot break down even small chunks of vegetables)
- 2 lbs (approx.) Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 TBS Minced Garlic (approx..) – I add this in the summer
- 1 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Organic Aloe Vera Juice (add if sensitive stomach or digestive issues)
Suggested Additions (to be added when you feed)
- Fish Oil, E-BARF Plus (or other vitamin/mineral supplement), Organic Kefir or Yogurt, Coconut Oil, Digestive Enzymes. I also add Goat’s Milk and Fermented Fish Stock.
Raw Meaty Bones
- Chicken Wings, Necks, Duck Necks, Turkey Necks, Turkey Wings, Beef Chunks, Rabbit Chunks, Lamb Breast, Pheasant Necks, etc.
- Adult Dogs - 2% - 3% of their ideal body weight
- Puppies - 5%-7% of their body weight
*However, remember these are approximations! Each animal is different. Their size, breed, age, activity level, and possible medical conditions make each animal unique in their dietary needs. The best way to determine how much to feed in the long run is to start with an approximate amount and then watch your dog. If he/she is gaining weight, cut back. If he/she is losing weight, increase. After a couple of months, you'll know what is right for your pet.